from 06:45 PM to 06:45 PM
Moderation is an important aspect of ensuring that all Providers and Workplace Assessors are assessing at the required level. The purpose of moderation is to ensure that valid, fair and consistent assessment decisions are being made.
The NZHITO’s CMR (0032) requires providers to successfully moderate at least TWO NZHITO Unit Standards each year if assessing more than 5 units per year; and ONE Unit Standard if assessing less than five Units per year.
Please note that anyone assessing Floristry, Arboriculture or Viticulture Units needs to attend a specific sector Moderation Workshop for each of these domains, Meeting the requirements of Sector Moderations is in addition to the requirements of Cluster Moderations. Please contact the National Moderator to clarify attendance requirements at sector moderations.
Providers attending the moderation will be provided with specific details on the venue and times prior to the event.
The Moderation Process...
- Accredited Providers are required to submit their assessment material for moderation purposes. This should include:
- 1 copy of the unit standard (please ensure that you have the correct version).
- 3 copies of the assessment.
- 3 copies of the assessment schedule, including model answers and judgement statements.
- Candidate scripts - 3 copies of 3 different candidate scripts showing candidates who have:
- Well and truly met the standard.
- Either just met the standard or just not met the standard.
- Peers from different providers will moderate the assessment material in association with the National Moderator from NZHITO. A blank moderation report with moderation criteria and guidance will be provided.
- The completed moderation report will identify if all of the moderation criteria has been met. If all of the criteria has not been met, the report will identify the corrective actions that need to be taken and by when. Follow up moderations are planned so that providers can resubmit assessment material if required to complete the moderation process.
If you have any queries please contact Alastair Gordon National Moderator NZHITO
(WK) 09 9701342 (Fax) 09 9701343 (email) firstname.lastname@example.org